How Do Reviews & Star Ratings Impact Sales?
How Do Reviews & Star Ratings Impact Sales? Considering the following stats, consumers are reading and searching for online reviews when seeking out a business. Be it more reviews or better reviews, if you want to grow your business online reviews are important. Below are some quick facts:
- Between similar products online, 35% of consumers said better reviews have driven them to spring for the higher priced option. 1
- Having five reviews results in purchase likelihood increasing by a factor of almost 4.6
- The purchase likelihood for a product with five reviews is 270% greater than the purchase likelihood of a product with no reviews. 6
- 41.6% of consumers were not likely to choose an insurance provider that had positive reviews. 14
- 36.6% of consumers were somewhat likely to choose a local car repair center that had positive reviews. 14
- Reviews account for15.44% of how Google ranks a local business 15
- 18.5% of shoppers would not consider a business with a 3-star rating or below 16
How do reviews and star ratings impact sales? Considering the above points, they are very important! When it comes to online reviews, if you’re not part of the conversation you’re losing business. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog by sending us the form on your right.
Do you need to find a partner
to help with the management of your Reviews?
If you’re not managing your online presence or protecting your online reputation by managing reviews, we would highly recommend you do so. Ultimately, “Why do customers write online reviews” is not as important as you being a part of the conversation about your business. The cost of having your in-house team (or an agency) monitor reviews is a great investment. Of course, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.